- Accumulator: A series of bets on multiple outcomes, all outcomes must be successful for the Punter to win the bet.
- Ante Post: Bet that takes place well before an event which includes all possible participants. If the selection becomes a 'non-runner' the bet is lost.
- Arb: A bet that locks in a guaranteed profit, whatever the outcome.
- Asian Handicap: A football bet that gives the least likely winner a head start to make betting more competitive.
- Banker: A bet that is considered to be a near certainty.
- Canadian: A bet on five selections covering doubles, trebles, fourfolds and a fivefold.
- Double: A bet on two horses where both are required to win.
- Drifter: A horse whose odds are getting bigger due to lack of support in the betting.
- Each-way: A bet on a horse to place as well as win. Place terms depend on number of runners and type of race.
- Fourfold: A bet on four horses where all are required to win.
- Hedging: Backing another outcome in an event you have already bet on to decrease the risk involved.
- Heinz: A bet on six selections covering doubles, trebles, fourfolds, fivefolds and a sixfold.
- Lay: Betting on something not to happen, for example a team not to win.
- LSP: Level Stakes Profit. The amount of profit that would have been made if all stakes had been 1 unit.
- NAP: A tipster's best bet of the day.
- Odds on: Betting on an outcome that is odds on results in the profit of the bet being less than the original stake i.e. less than evens (2.0).
- Over-round: The margin the bookmaker builds into their odds to ensure they make a profit on an event.
- Patent: A bet on three selections that covers seven bets, three singles, three doubles and a treble.
- ROI: Return On Investment.
- Round Robin: A bet on three selections containing ‘three pairs of singles stakes about’ bets, three doubles and one treble.
- SP: Starting Price - the price of a horse when the race starts broadly based on an average of the on course bookmakers odds for the horse.
- Tissue: A betting forecast designed to predict the odds of each runner in an event.
- Treble: A bet on three outcomes where all are required to win.
- Trixie: A bet on three selection which covers the three doubles and the one treble.
- Yankee: A bet on four selections that covers the six doubles, four trebles and one fourfold.
Table for Horse Racing in February
Table for Footy & Tennis in February